Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Teething..


My itty bitty little guy is already getting his first teeth. Ahhh! What a nightmare. He is only 3months old. He doesn't like to be put done anyway, but now it is 10x worse! Don't get me wrong I love him so much and feel so bad for him, but it is making it very hard for Bing! I need your ideas in how to releave his pain! I have tried many things, but nothing seems to help. I have him on Tylonel and the herbal pill things. Those only help for a little while. He is too young to use the numbing stuff (Dr. orders!) So, give me your ideas even if you think I already know about your idea just post anyway, I may not know... Thanks for your help! Bingham is having a hard time lately. I think he has figured out Boen is here to stay. I feel so bad for him. He is acting out like crazy, he even bit Boen last night. He has never done that before! Also, he tries to smother him everytime I turn my head, so if you see me and notice I never get ready anymore, well that is why! Plus Bingham doesn't take naps anymore! At least they are cute! I really do love them more than anything I am hoping this is just a faze!

10 comments:

Sammy said...

Poor baby! he's so sweet, poor little guy

Miss Jackie said...

Remember Bingham...one day he'll bite back! :) Maybe that's why he's teething so young! :)
It's so hard when they teeth! I used a wet washcloth for them to suck on, but even then it still wasn't much fun! I'm sure Bingham is just going through a phase! I asked Dr. Clawson about it (cuz Vannah is a tyrant to her little sis too!) and she said that they'll only fight for the next...oh....18 years or so!! It was hillarious! Kids!

Michelle said...

Oh no! I can't believe he's already teething! I don't even know what I will do w/ 2 kids. I'm sorry things are so hard right now! Poor Bingham didn't know that this cute little baby would take lots of mommy's attention :)

Calie said...

hi Amy, this is Calie. I found your blog through Amy Christensen's, I hope that's ok. :)
Your family is DARLING! I have a few tips that may help with your teething problem.
This one is a little different, but has worked on my little one on several occasions. Try rubbing his gums with your own clean finger. Weird, I know. But my baby loves it and she is teething right now too.
Along the same lines with the washcloth, you can get a corner damp, twist the damp corner, and then put it in the freezer. This should give him something to bite and help relieve the pain.
I haven't used this, but a couple weeks ago when I was at Babies R Us a lady there pointed out a vibrating teething ring that she said totally helped her little guy when he was getting his teeth.
I hope one of these suggestions is able to help you!?

Unknown said...

Those dang teeth... teething STINKS! My Dr. told me to give Ty Tylenol and then 3 hours later give him Motrin. If you trade off you can give it to them every 3 hours instead of with just one drug every 4 hours. It seemed to help Ty so hopefully that will work for you! Good Luck he is a CUTIE!

Amy said...

Oh that is so horrible! I can't believe he is teething already - and that is such a bummer that you can't use the numbing stuff. Have you tried the teething toys that they have? You probably have, but I used to put them in the fridge and Carson LOVED them because they felt so good on his little gums. Just don't put them in the freezer, though - they would get pretty hard. It is hard on the older child to have a little brother. Carson is off and on acting up. Right now he's doing pretty good, but a couple weeks ago he was a nightmare. Just hang in there and love them both to death - I know you do!! And I totally hear you on the getting ready part, as it is already 3:00 and I haven't done my hair or put on makeup. Oops! Good luck!

Megan J. Dawson said...

I'm sorry! I feel your pain. My kids have been acting up lately. I guess they've also figured out that Carly is here to stay!

April said...

oh my little baby, he can be mine too can't he?

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Oh dear! Teething is no fun! Grayson hasn't done too bad so far! But my friend Carley said her little boy had terrible teething pain -- she told me about amber teething necklaces. I haven't tried them, but she swears by them! Maybe they can help little Boen! Here's the website: http://www.alwaysinfashion.com/amber_teething_necklaces
or this one:
http://www.amber-teething-necklaces.com/