Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Teething..


My itty bitty little guy is already getting his first teeth. Ahhh! What a nightmare. He is only 3months old. He doesn't like to be put done anyway, but now it is 10x worse! Don't get me wrong I love him so much and feel so bad for him, but it is making it very hard for Bing! I need your ideas in how to releave his pain! I have tried many things, but nothing seems to help. I have him on Tylonel and the herbal pill things. Those only help for a little while. He is too young to use the numbing stuff (Dr. orders!) So, give me your ideas even if you think I already know about your idea just post anyway, I may not know... Thanks for your help! Bingham is having a hard time lately. I think he has figured out Boen is here to stay. I feel so bad for him. He is acting out like crazy, he even bit Boen last night. He has never done that before! Also, he tries to smother him everytime I turn my head, so if you see me and notice I never get ready anymore, well that is why! Plus Bingham doesn't take naps anymore! At least they are cute! I really do love them more than anything I am hoping this is just a faze!

10 comments:

Sammy said...

Poor baby! he's so sweet, poor little guy

Jackie said...

Remember Bingham...one day he'll bite back! :) Maybe that's why he's teething so young! :)
It's so hard when they teeth! I used a wet washcloth for them to suck on, but even then it still wasn't much fun! I'm sure Bingham is just going through a phase! I asked Dr. Clawson about it (cuz Vannah is a tyrant to her little sis too!) and she said that they'll only fight for the next...oh....18 years or so!! It was hillarious! Kids!

The Malie's said...

Oh no! I can't believe he's already teething! I don't even know what I will do w/ 2 kids. I'm sorry things are so hard right now! Poor Bingham didn't know that this cute little baby would take lots of mommy's attention :)

acn family said...

hi Amy, this is Calie. I found your blog through Amy Christensen's, I hope that's ok. :)
Your family is DARLING! I have a few tips that may help with your teething problem.
This one is a little different, but has worked on my little one on several occasions. Try rubbing his gums with your own clean finger. Weird, I know. But my baby loves it and she is teething right now too.
Along the same lines with the washcloth, you can get a corner damp, twist the damp corner, and then put it in the freezer. This should give him something to bite and help relieve the pain.
I haven't used this, but a couple weeks ago when I was at Babies R Us a lady there pointed out a vibrating teething ring that she said totally helped her little guy when he was getting his teeth.
I hope one of these suggestions is able to help you!?

Ashley said...

Those dang teeth... teething STINKS! My Dr. told me to give Ty Tylenol and then 3 hours later give him Motrin. If you trade off you can give it to them every 3 hours instead of with just one drug every 4 hours. It seemed to help Ty so hopefully that will work for you! Good Luck he is a CUTIE!

Amy said...

Oh that is so horrible! I can't believe he is teething already - and that is such a bummer that you can't use the numbing stuff. Have you tried the teething toys that they have? You probably have, but I used to put them in the fridge and Carson LOVED them because they felt so good on his little gums. Just don't put them in the freezer, though - they would get pretty hard. It is hard on the older child to have a little brother. Carson is off and on acting up. Right now he's doing pretty good, but a couple weeks ago he was a nightmare. Just hang in there and love them both to death - I know you do!! And I totally hear you on the getting ready part, as it is already 3:00 and I haven't done my hair or put on makeup. Oops! Good luck!

Megan J. Dawson said...

I'm sorry! I feel your pain. My kids have been acting up lately. I guess they've also figured out that Carly is here to stay!

April said...

oh my little baby, he can be mine too can't he?

Steve & Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve & Sam said...

Oh dear! Teething is no fun! Grayson hasn't done too bad so far! But my friend Carley said her little boy had terrible teething pain -- she told me about amber teething necklaces. I haven't tried them, but she swears by them! Maybe they can help little Boen! Here's the website: http://www.alwaysinfashion.com/amber_teething_necklaces
or this one:
http://www.amber-teething-necklaces.com/