Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Summer is officially ending






We are so sad Summer is coming to an end, but we are excited for the changing season with the beautiful leaves and cool air (hopefully coming tomorrow). I think the thing we will miss most about summer is swimming and playing in the water. I am trying to come up with some creative ways to fill the next season. The pics above are from Labor Day spent at Aunt Lauri and Uncle Greg's where we swam and ate to our hearts desire!
This is a picture of Bingham's new "BFF" he is such a darling little boy and we are so greatful to have a little boy just Bingham's age so close by! During this particular playdate they decided they needed to put glasses on because of the bright sun! They sure are cute, don't you think?
And last but certainly not least I need to thank my hard working husband for hsi labor of love. Look out our bounty! I have been cooking with these each night and it sure makes it more fun when it comes out of your own garden, and not to mention much tastier! We are still getting tomatoes galore. I am afraid I might turn a bright shade of red very soon due to the mass quantities of tomatoes I have consumed! My sister told me a great easy recipe for tomatoes!
Tomato Sandwiches
one piece of your fav. whole wheat bread toasted
spread Veggie cream cheese on top
and simply slice a tomato on top
I always add a bit of season salt on top!

De-lish!

2 comments:

Sammy said...

Yum o! I need to try those, maybe tonight for dinner, we've had our neighbors tomatoes coming out our ears! but they are so yummy! I love those boys, and i feel like i haven't seen them in forever, only been a few weeks, but they are too cute. such stinkers. sooo adorable. I'm sad that summer is over, but so excited for the holidays.

Unknown said...

WOW! SO impressed with your garden and way cute pictures... Your boys are adorable!