Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 15th, 2010-I'm thankful for...

...modern conveniences! I was never cut out to be without the luxuries of the 21st century. I had the opportunity of going to Ghana Africa just over 6yrs ago. It was an amazing experience from the hot days  with no relief right down to the freezing cold showers. I did enjoy every minute of my time over their including the (no) modern conveniences, but only so I could experience what they experience! I love being able to set my temperature at a comfortable 70 during the winter days and keep it cool at night! I like to be able let the washing machine do my washing and the dryer do the drying. I like my dishes washed in the sink by my own to hands and then put into the dishwasher for a deeper clean. I am thankful I have lights when it gets dark outside and an SVU to drive me from place to place! I am thankful for hospitals, for if I hadn't had my Bingham at the Hospital neither one of us would have survived. I love to be able to catch those perfect moments of a newborn coming into the world, a childs first birthday, and families that love each other, to share with the world via my camera and the internet! I love to snuggle up infront of a good show and a milk shake in my hands! I am thankful to be able to call my friends and family at my convenience, and see my nieces on the web cam! I am thankful that medicine gets more advanced daily, so that I can spend more time with my loved ones. I don't think I could have walked thousands of miles and made it out alive, I'm thankful for those who did, but I know I would have died of low blood sugar or freezing to death, not to mention child birth which does not happen naturally for me! So, let me reiterate-I am thankful for Modern Conveniences!!!

No comments: