Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First order of business!




I have a lot of catching up to do, but i just wanted to announce that my little brother has been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Ghana, Cape Coast mission. The land that I love! I seriously thought it was a joke, I kept having a feeling that he would go there, but brushed it away because I thought it was because I wanted him to so badly. It makes me tear up eveytime I think about it. As most of you know I went their on a service mission 5 yrs ago with a group called Reach The Children. I had always known I'd go to Africa since I was a little girl. I had a black cabbage patch doll and have always wanted to adopt from Africa. When I was given that chance I jumped in and never looked back. I loved every minute of the experience. I loved the people I served with and still love them today! I loved the people of Ghana, I am a different person today because of them. My testimony grew ten fold and I know Jeff's will do the same. They will teach him so much and he will share the gospel with them! ...tears...
We are already making plans for when he returns to travel back together visit all of my dear friends and his friends he will make! All he needs to know is AKWAABA! Jeff is such a friendly person, He can't say a mean thing about anyone and that is how the Ghanaians are. He will fit right in. I can just picture it now, all of the little kids climbing up him and trying to take his watch, and wanting to have their picture taken with him. He is in for so really great food, the BEST pineapple in the world, plantains, mangos, cocoa beans, Milo, fufu, peanut soup and much much more! Jeff will be in the MTC in Accra and my dear friend Brother Opare (who served in the West African area presidency) will be just minutes away to keep us updated! Jeff we are so proud of you and your decisions and I want you to know you will love those people, but just promise us you will come home, even though you won't want to! Safe journey!

3 comments:

Ryan and Heidi said...

How neat! That is so awesome when they get called to somewhere you can relate to. My brother served most of his mission in India and even got to serve in my mom's hometown with all of her family. It really was awesome!

Sammy said...

I am so excited for Jeff, I honestly can't think of a better mission for him!

Sherice said...

Oh, what an amazing place to be called to serve. That is so cute that you guys will both have ties to that place. Congrats to him, what a great adventure he has ahead of him!!