My "green" boys!
Tomorrow is Earth Day as most of you know so I thought I'd put a few tips on here on how to make it a Great Earth Day! And try to make it a daily thing! I do all of this stuff! I actually practice what I preach!
1. Where green or brown- we'll do this tomorrow for fun! 2. Replace 3 frequently used light bulbswith compact flourescent bulbs-I vow to change 3 more tomorrow.
3. Car pool or take public transportation-I try to carpool as much as possible
4. Run your dishwasher only at full capacity and let your dishes air dry-I always do!
5. Keep your tires properly inflated and get better gas mileage-I sure do!
6. Turn you heater down two degrees in the winter and up two degrees in the summer-Brody is huge on this! 7. Take shorter showers and use a low flow shower head-Yep yep yep! 8. Wash all of your clothes in cold water-we started this at our old house and still do it to this day. 9. Plant a tree because they suck up carbon dioxide and make clean air for us-we are planting one tomorrow if anyone wants to come help! We plant at least two every year! 10. Buy energy efficient appliances-and we did! 11. Weatherize and insulate your home- Brody did this already! 12. Turn off what you're not using- once again brody insists on this. 13. Buy organic food because the chemicals used in modern agriculture pollute the water supply and require energy to produce- We buy and eat organic meat, noodles, most veggies, sauces, etc... Remember: Reduce Reuse Recycle...